Are you thinking about purchasing a device such as a home assistant, wearable, Bluetooth-enabled toy, smart phone, Tablet, games console or laptop for your child this Christmas?
Are you completely baffled by this year’s letter to Santa?
Are you unsure if the games or devices they want are appropriate for your child’s age?
Would you like some professional help on issues such as parental controls and security?
Here are top tips if you answered yes to any of the above:
- The NSPCC O2 Helpline can provide you with advice and guidance or you can arrange an appointment with an O2 Guru (you do not need to be an O2 Customer). Learn more here or phone the Helpline on 0808 800 5002.
- If you are thinking about purchasing your child their first phone check out these Tips and videos
- For parents of keen gamers, Ask About Games gives specific information about age ratings for games, top games (including family friendly games) and simple guidance on how to put parental controls on consoles, handhelds, Tablets or phones.
- If you don’t know your Switch from your Twitch head over to Net Aware and Parentzone’s Parent Guides to increase your own digital literacy!
- Why not have a bit of fun with the kids this Christmas and see who knows more about the online world with the O2 NSPCC Parents versus Kids Quiz. You can play on an Amazon Echo, mobile, desktop or tablet. Have a laugh and learn more about staying safe online.